Social Media Campaign Manager at Manchester United Football Club
Salary: úNot disclosed
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Social Media Campaign Manager
A vacancy has arisen for the permanent position of Social Media Campaign Manager.
The successful candidate will oversee the creation and execution of the club’s social media campaigns across multiple platforms, both global and geo-specific in nature. You will work across the Media, CRM and Marketing teams to deliver first-class campaigns for the club and commercial partners and keep a close focus on campaign metrics to ensure all commercial objectives are met. Demonstrable experience in managing, delivering and tracking targeted social media campaigns for global brands, across a range of social media platforms, is essential.
Closing date: 28 June 2013
“Manchester United Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.”
Post Title: Social Media Campaign Manager
Rate of Pay: Salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience and the level of responsibility undertaken in the post. Benefits include (subject to certain eligibility criteria) membership of the Group Pension Scheme, up to 25 days paid annual leave and an Occupational Sickness Scheme.
Accountable to: Head of Content
Purpose: The primarily role will to be oversee the creation and execution of the club’s social media campaigns across multiple platforms, both global and geo-specific in nature.
• Devise and plan creative and engaging campaigns to drive users into and across Manchester United Social media platforms
• Utilise campaign management software to oversee campaigns, commissioning design and integrated app development
• Work with the Social Media campaign steering group to define / modify the campaign calendar
• Collaborate across the commercial team (Media, CRM, Marketing, Design) to deliver each campaign
• Create / distribute KPI reports to illustrate campaign success
• Document campaigns as case studies and communicate what we’ve learnt to the broader team
• Research state of the art in social media utilisation, marketing and comms
• Identify/liaise with influential bloggers for seeding of content/apps
• Line manage staff as required
• In-depth knowledge and passion for social media platforms (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Google +, Flickr etc.) and how they can be successfully deployed
• Experience of managing social media campaigns for major global brands
• Experience in the sporting industry is highly desirable
• An enthusiastic and outgoing personality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
• Must have the ability to prioritize, work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple tasks
Identify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
To undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy and to take personal responsibility to seek opportunities to develop yourself and to realise your own potential.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and actively offer support and guidance as necessary.
Equal Opportunities and Harassment
Ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies.
Hours of Work
The employee is required to work 35 hours per week. Hours of work should be planned in accordance with the demands of the business. However, the nature of the role means that unusual hours are to be expected – around match days, partner entertainment and foreign travel.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Head of Content and other Executive Management from time to time.
Click here to apply.
To see more jobs on our Football Vacancies newsletter, CLICK HERE.